Silver Search Inc
Agile Project Manager / Scrum Master New York, NY
We are looking for a Scrum Master who embodies the spirit of the agile manifesto and principles to enable our teams to continually improve their sustainability, predictability, and ability to collaborate.
Overall, this opportunity is for an exceptionally talented Scrum Master who will provide effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and coaching in support of the development of greenfield SaaS and PaaS offerings. As a fully funded startup doing development of new products, we are able to grow as a True Agile environment from day one.
We work hard to create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career. We have many of the best pieces of a start-up but with the resources of an industry world leader. We love open source and actively participate in the open source community. We host and speak at meetups. We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career.
Our Scrum Masters work across software engineering, data, product, and ux teams. We are building enterprise scale Software on a micro-services platform that includes tech like React, Node, Mongo, Docker, Kafka, Storm and more. Our Scrum Masters run daily stand-ups, lead planning sessions and retrospectives and promote continuous improvement within the teams. They identify and track dependencies, communicate development status to key internal stakeholders, facilitate technical discussions and help the team make critical decisions.
- Several years serving as a Scrum Master within high performance engineering teams
- Ability to guide teams and organizations on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
- Experience guiding teams on self-organization
- Ability to assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization – and coach the team to higher levels of maturity
- Advanced knowledge of Agile development methodologies (and when to use each)
- Knowledge of CI, automated testing, issue management, code review and deployment
- Experience of using JIRA (report generation, setting up workflows, creating dashboards, Sprint Agile boards etc.)
- Very comfortable with the full SDLC
If you appreciate the opportunity to work in a start-up environment building enterprise software with some of the best talent in NYC (including like-minded Agilists), this may be for you.