Silver Search Inc
Application Support Engineer New York, New York
Application Support Engineer
Client is currently seeking an Application Support Engineer to work closely with client and product areas. In company with Software Engineering team and Product Managers, this Application Support Engineer will focus on enhancing existing products and technologies, as well as aiding the user experience that is driven by the development of new and innovative products.
- Troubleshoot and debug application/software issues raised by end users of in-house built, proprietary software.
- Liaise with Engineering team to establish support workflows, monitor support queue for escalated issues, and optimize support platforms for data sharing between Tech Ops and Engineering.
- Verify and document bugs for tracking and escalation
- Proactively test for potential technical issues that users may face
- Maintain and contribute to an existing Knowledge Bank used by internal tech team
- Aggregate and provide key customer insights and serve as a liaison between users and Software Engineering/Product Development team
- Work closely with Software Engineering on special projects as assigned
- Collaborate with the Product team on iteration planning, releases, feature requests and prioritization
- Have 1+ years of relevant experience in similar roles (Customer Support Engineer; User Support, emphasis on software support)
- Have evident problem-solving skills; strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in product documentation
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Focus on excellent time management, decision-making and organizational skills
- Attained Bachelor’s degree, demonstrating strong academic credentials in relevant fields (Computer Science, Management Information Services, Computer Information Systems or similar)
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and developing environment