Silver Search Inc
Business Analyst-MDM New York, NY
Senior Business Analyst needed for our NYC based digital media client. The BA needs to be highly skilled in Product Master Data Management with a love of all things related to product data (how the data is managed, organized, categorized and synchronized across the organization)! This a contract-to-hire role. Local candidates only as this role will return to onsite work in 3-6 months. Unable to consider any candidates in need of any work visa transfer/sponsorship (now or in the future).
The Product Master Data Management BA will serve as the liaison between the technology and business, mastering and leveraging the data used to drive critical business objectives. The BA will work closely with the Technical Lead and Product Owner to identify requirements, translate the requirements into solid user stories with the appropriate acceptance criteria and support the prioritization of the backlog. He or she must be able to effectively communicate with business stakeholders using business terminology as well as possess a technical background to enable alignment between IT and the Business. Knowledge of Agile – Scrum Agile Development, its principles, artifacts and ceremonies – is required.
- 7+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, with at least 5 years of experience in Product Master Data Management.
- Ability to drive requirements, while remaining focused on the end vision, and to help business and technical teams to de-prioritize work which doesnt add specific business value toward that vision.
- Strong stakeholder management and data modeling skills.
- Solid data administration, design and architecture skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with all levels of the organization and geographically distributed teams.
- Excellent analytical skills to analyze large amounts of data and other business processes to form ideas and come up with solutions to a business units problems.
- Ability to identify and document existing processes, data points, workflows, gaps and risks.
- Proven expertise working with industry-standard master data management/PIM tools.
- Experience with Stibo systems: STEP and WorkBench (strongly preferred)
- Experience working with information security practices and available security software packages.
- Experience working with relational databases, SQL/ETL skills preferred (must be able to write SQL, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred.
This a contract-to-hire role. Local candidates only as this role will return to onsite work in 3-6 months. Unable to consider any candidates in need of any work visa transfer/sponsorship (now or in the future).