Silver Search Inc
Java/CMS Platform Lead New York, NY
This position is onsite 2x a week in downtown NYC.
World renowned consumer information company has an immediate need for a Senior Java/CMS lead to join their team. The Senior developer/lead will focus primarily on backend development of their Content Management System (CMS), to build and enhance workflows and experience, while integrating 3rd party tools, and API’s.
- Design, implement, and maintain APIs, services, and integrations.
- Architect scalable solutions to support high-traffic environments
- Lead performance optimization efforts to enhance user experience.
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of platform architecture and strategies.
- Utilize and integrate the CMS platform to meet content management needs.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as developers, product managers, and QA engineers to ensure seamless integration of backend systems with other components of the application.
- Engage with vendors and third-party services as needed.
- Contribute to long-term strategic planning for the platform.
- 10+ years of experience in development using Java, developing microservices.
- 7+ years of experience integrating with CMS (any CMS)
- Proven ability to manage an innovative and scalable technology stack, while leading a small team to enhance consumer experiences. T
- Experience should include a focus on multimedia content, video processing, advertising integration, and first-party data.
- Prior experience with social media network integration challenges (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc) and expertise in search technologies, SEO, web analytics tools (ie Google Analytics) etc.
- Experience in containerization technologies like container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes for managing and scaling CMS applications.
- Expertise in optimizing the performance of backend systems, including database, Solr queries, caching mechanisms, and server-side processing to ensure fast response times.
- Proficient in identifying and resolving backend issues, debugging code, and conducting root cause analysis.
- Experience in agile project management and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices including continuous integration, continuous deployment (CI/CD), automation tools and understanding of microservices architecture.
- Strong experience in database management, including both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Must be able to work as an employee without a work visa sponsorship/transfer needs.
- This role is onsite 2x a week in downtown NYC.