Silver Search Inc
Manager of Devops REMOTE
Title: Devops Manager
Location: Remote Opportunity (1 Day on Site – Teterboro, NJ)
Employment: Fulltime Opportunity
The position plays a focal role between the software engineering and infrastructure teams, managing mission critical services to both of them and business. As part of a highly collaborative team, the role will interact with many technical and business resources across the enterprise. The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, self-motivated technologist who is interested in practicing his or her skills and learning new ones.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Manage application layers via automation to increase efficiency and utilization Provide core services to software engineering teams to standardize vital functionality and processes. Research and continually improve capabilities to increase application availability and speed. Continually inventory and document all applications and their supporting dependencies. Build new solutions to reduce complexity, and simplify application configuration. Reduce deployment errors through standard tools and technologies. Complete other tasks as required
Experience, Education and Skills
- 8+ years in a system administration or configuration role
- 5+ years of either development or system automation/scripting experience
- 3+ years of hands-on management of technical team members
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry experience
- System administration in a heterogeneous environment: Windows, Unix, Linux, OS X
- Programming or scripting in several languages: shell, Perl, Python, PowerShell, Go etc.
- Use of automation, integration and orchestration tools: Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, ESB, Splunk etc.
- Virtualization and cloud technologies: VMware, Docker, Azure etc.
- SSO concepts and technologies: NTLM, Kerberos, SAML etc.
- SDLC and agile methodologies: TFS, Git, SCRUM etc.
- Networking concepts: TCP, HTTP, DNS etc.
- Manage, lead and mentor a team of highly technical resources
- Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
- Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
- Prioritize and manage work load and communicate issues clearly
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
- Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies
- Travel when required