Silver Search Inc
Product Manager New York, NY
Corporate Venturing/Innovation Lab/Digital Product Factory has tasked us with finding a Product Manager to join small team of entrepreneurs (strategists, product thinkers/builders, analysts), who are as likely to launch a new business via acquisition as they are to build a new digital product from scratch.
If there is such a thing as a Traditional Product Manager, this aint it!
Standard Features of a Product Manager role included:
- Sure, AGILE Product Management is the heart of the role Discovery to Delivery, owning Roadmap, Prioritizing Backlog, Writing Use Cases, User Stories, etc.
- Of course, you will build and add on to existing innovative businesses, including products for Cryptocurrencies, Financial Wellness, Personal Finances and more.
- Naturally, you will work alongside of talented Product teammates and partner with skilled designers/engineers to build practical products at the center of businesses that bring meaningful solutions to users and significant ROI to the firm.
- Venture Strategy. This is where the game changes. M&A is a common tool used by this group, to solve user challenges and launch new products/businesses. Sometimes acquiring companies for tech has made more sense than building from scratch and the group is well-practiced in acquisitions and eager to mentor, should you want to learn.
- Stakeholder/Investor interaction. Sometimes executives come with requests, other times opportunities are discovered within the group and need to be sold to executives to achieve funding. The science/art of pitching a new business idea is key. Whether you have done this internally at a large corporation or have hit the road to sell a startup idea, this skill is valued and can be honed further, within this team.
- Strategic input. You will be hired into the team. Not to manage a product. You will manage many product/business builds over your tenure, in fact. Your voice is valued in collaborating on which ideas the team should accept to pursue and the method of pursuit. As a member of the team, your input is vital.