Silver Search Inc
Project Manager New York, NY
We are currently seeking a long-term consulting candidate with a possibility to go full-time with client after 12 months in NYC. the client is looking for the following to be considered:
- Lead and facilitate meetings with project stakeholders from all levels
- Manage vendors and team members in a matrix organization
- Work closely with the technology and other departments (Marketing, HR, Finance, Knowledge Management, etc.) at the firm.
- Manage the entire Project Management Life Cycle for new projects as well as transition to the Project Manager from existing projects that are currently in flight.
- Scope Management, Dependency Management, Risk Management, Issue Management, Stakeholder Management, Cost/Financial Management
- Identify, track and resolve project risks/issues using best practice problem-solving techniques
- Develop and manage project schedules using MS Project and the firm’s Project Portfolio Management Tool (WorkFront).
- Manage high-visibility projects that have firm wide impact
- Manage and communicate with project team members that are cross-functional and located globally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experienced in managing cross-functional project teams and high-visibility projects
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented; Ability to multitask
- Excellent problem solving skills and risk mitigation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio)
- Strong understanding of Waterfall and/or Agile Project Management Methodology
- Prefers someone with PMP or ACP through PMI (Project Management Institute)
- Bachelor in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- Minimum 5-8 years project management experience in a corporate environment
Someone with understanding of working with multiple technology areas.
If you meet the above qualifications, please send updated resume ASAP.