Silver Search Inc
Project Manager – User Support New York, NY
Responsible for the project management of customer Services Desks. To ensure the effective management of Incidents and Requests whilst meeting and exceeding SLA’s.
- To manage Service Desk environments, following first line fix criteria
- Tier 2 and Tier 3 support
- Ticketing System/ Queue management using BMC Remedy
- Responsible for providing support for the development, maintenance, workflow of knowledge management system
- To establish and maintain Service Desk’s performance targets against agreed SLA’s
- Coordinate the activities and daily workload of the Service Desk team, organizing, planning and delivery of Service Desk support to the end user, ensuring excellent service and response.
- Ensure all IT incidents are recorded accurately and assigned to the relevant support groups
- Monitoring day-to-day operation, prioritizing and escalating Incidents as required to meet SLA’s
- Conducting periodic review of complaints, root cause analysis and recommendation
- Support development of SOP for Tier 2/3
- Provide hardware and software support to the client infrastructure
- Ensure implementation of new processes and procedures for the Service Desk are agreed with all other support staff and fit the agreed model within IT
- Identify and implement opportunities for performance improvement of hardware, software and any supporting infrastructure and supporting services by employing IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
- Provide direction and guidance for investigating, resolving, documenting, and reporting the causes and corrective actions in the Incident Management System for all incidents assigned by the Service Desk
- To be responsible for managing the team. This includes but is not limited to; selection and recruitment, appraisals and performance reviews, mentoring and supporting of Team Leaders, and ensuring communications are cascaded and understood as appropriate.
- To plan, along with transition management for the take on of new Services into the desk with no negative impact to SLA’s
- Produce weekly and monthly reports against agreed performance KPI’s
- Representing the Service Desk function at monthly operational reviews
- Identify and implement service improvement initiatives
- Monitor, measure and identify areas of improvement
- Proactively promote and maintain high standards of work – taking the initiative to resolve, or draw attention too, areas that do not meet the required standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Bachelor’s degree with 8-10 years of overall relevant experience with 8+ years of specific experience managing or leading Service Desk tasks for a large-scale Enterprise Service Desk with
- Tier 2 and 3 support.
- Demonstrated experience with Commercial Off the Shelf ITSM suites such as BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, or HP Service Manager.
- Experience in Enterprise ActiveDirectory, Citrix, Ubuntu, VDI, Juniper VPN environments.
- Demonstrated experience implementing service improvement processes in response to performance metrics or service level
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, and evaluating task execution and performance exercising latitude and independence of the team to implement solutions as expected.
- Currently possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 or ITIL Service Desk certification.
- Project Manager shall also have demonstrated capability in the overall management of large enterprise and complex contracts.
- Demonstrated experience working independently or under only general direction from higher management
- Experienced Service Desk Management, passionate about providing world class support
- Project Manager must maintain a Customer Service Representative (CSR) List with up to date listing of CSR’s, including name, location, email address, business phone,
- and shift start and stop times
- Experience supporting first line technical analysts and managing their daily workload
- Recruitment and selection experience
- Confident communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals from a range of backgrounds.
- Team oriented interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of
- people and roles, including vendors, IT and business personnel
- Keen to suggest, discuss and implement improvements
- Experience working within an ITIL environment