Silver Search Inc
Scrum Master/Agile Project Manager-Remote
High profile Digital Marketing company in New Jersey is looking to hire a Scrum Master/Agile Project Manager to join their growing team! This is a contract-to-hire position and only candidates without work visa needs should apply.
This role will work Eastern Time zone hours. Candidates based in this time zone are strongly preferred.
- Oversees Scrum process and coaches team on how best to use Scrum and Agile practices.
- Facilitates transparency, inspection, and adaption.
- Manages interdependencies between Agile teams. Leads daily Scrums, sprint reviews, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement.
- Work with the Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning, leadership visibility, appropriate prioritization, and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution.
- Shields the teams from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity.
- Anticipates and addresses potential or actual impediments to team delivery (cultural barriers, logistic challenges).
- 5+ years of experience as an Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master.
- Knowledge of software development and relevant domains/products/journeys typically acquired through a Bachelor`s degree in computer science or a related technical discipline and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in Agile software development including coaching on Agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and concepts (especially Scrum).
- Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills.
- Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Proactive, consistently demonstrates initiative to take ownership of resolving issues and gaps.
- Strong knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Rally, or equivalent
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
- PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP, CSPO or equivalent preferred.
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.