Silver Search Inc
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (Python/React) New York, NY
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer – Python Django
Contract to hire, Hybrid
Our client a well funded, start up company in the cosmetic dermatology/wellness space is looking for a back end Python Django developer to join their to join core engineering team and help build the world’s first direct-to-consumer, tech-enabled experience in cosmetic dermatology. As an early employee, you’ll report directly to the CTO and work with the founders to build the technical foundations of the company.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building products real humans use, cares about consumer privacy, and enjoys learning and building beautiful and complex online experiences that “just work”. You will work with a small team of excellent peers and will be responsible for designing, architecting, implementing and supporting a user-facing, HIPAA-compliant website and mobile web app.
The team is a women-led technical group that embraces a culture of curiosity, transparency and authenticity. They promote from within and their CTO has a passion for finding and growing sparks of talent in people.
What You Will Do:
You build code with people and for people, and your input on the product is always desired. You’ll collaborate with world-class designers, engineers and business leaders and build something people want, while expanding your tech stack and technologies (think: Python/Django, GraphQL, React Native, Node, Serverless, Terraform, AWS, etc). In this role, you will also:
- Build an electronic medical record ecosystem for use by clients/patients, nurses, analysts and administrators.
- Develop beautiful user-facing interfaces and features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use and clean abstractions with an eye toward scaling.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines.
- Handle customer data with an obsession for privacy.
- Research new technologies and propose solutions to user needs.
Who you are:
Do you have a passion for using technology to improve people’s lives? Are you excited to join an early stage startup with a lot of room for growth? These are some guidelines (not rules) for what they’re looking for, and they don’t expect all of them in one person!:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent (non-traditional backgrounds are entirely welcome with some professional experience in the field, and are present among us)
- 3+ years of experience working as a full-stack engineer.
- Experience building, deploying, maintaining and scaling clean APIs in a production environment.
- Familiarity with databases, architecting data models, queues, server-side technology, object-oriented design, logging and distributed systems.
- Ability to design and build new features with (reasonable) autonomy.
- Initiative and ownership. Bonus points for:
- Experience with current stack: Python3/Django, AWS technologies (including ECS, Serverless and Terraform), PostgreSQL, Node.js, Celery, React/Typescript, Next.js.
- Interest/experience in medical aesthetics, healthcare or startups.
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive compensation in the business.
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- One Medical Membership and Commuter benefits.
- Central NYC location.
- Flexible hours and remote work policies.
- Employer discount for Ever/Body’s beauty services and products.
- Fun, diverse coworkers.
- Training, mentorship and coaching