Silver Search Inc
Senior Network Engineer hybrid, NJ
This role provides third line support and project delivery services as part of the Networking and Infrastructure team to support the deployment, configuration and migration of core voice, video, collaboration and networking services in multi-site global enterprise environment.
This will include deploying, configuring and maintaining Enterprise production, development and test collaboration and networking environments predominantly based on Cisco Systems Architectures. In addition, the candidate must able to troubleshoot and isolate issues and failures in on premise and public cloud environments.
The candidate will be required to perform a variety of technical duties in the analysis, design, testing, installation and maintenance of all network related infrastructure, systems and services and to install, operate and maintain WAN, LAN and telephony circuits and equipment as required. In addition the candidate will provide technical assistance to interdepartmental staff and partners.
- Provide 3rd line+ support for Network and IT Security infrastructure.
- Monitor and maintain Network, Voice, Video and IT Security infrastructure and proactively respond to issues
- Provide support and consultancy to other IT Infrastructure teams
- Take ownership of and respond to Network Team related Incidents and Service Requests as allocated, within the associated SLA
- Carry out any changes, patches and/or upgrades according to change principles and business requirements
- Work with and manage internal parties and external vendors throughout the Change or Incident processes
- Support internal customers on complex technical issues
- Review and test the configuration of Network infrastructure and related services prior to deployment
- Prepare and maintain procedural documentation for all Network, Voice, Video and IT Security applications
- Analyze problems with existing applications and prepare resolution roadmaps
- Continually analyze, review and update current processes, procedures and standards relating to Voice video and data Network and IT security
- CCNP R&S certification or equivalent experience
- CCNP Voice/Collaboration certification or equivalent experience
- Strong hands-on experience in configuration and troubleshooting of the following technologies both locally and remotely (Globally):
- Strong routing and switching experience with MPLS, BGP, IPSec VPN.
- Experience in AWS and Azure cloud environments.
- Palo Alto firewalls and Palo Alto Panorama. Must have experience in HA/clustered configurations.
- Cisco edge/access routers & switches including in stack configuration
- Cisco ISE experience
- Cisco Unified wireless infrastructure – 2500/5500 WLCs with Cisco Aps
- Meraki Wireless – MR32s, Z3, SOHO solutions
- Microsoft Teams Phone setup and maintenance.
- Cisco DC switches – Nexus, 6500
- Cisco ASA 55xx firewalls. Must have experience in HA/clustered configurations.
- OSPF and BGP routing protocols incl. route redistribution
- L2 Switching technologies including 802.1q Trunking and RTSP
- Site to site IPsec VPNs between Cisco routers and ASAs
- User VPNs (Cisco Anyconnect)
- Connectivity to global vendor provided MPLS networks i.e. Vodafone/Level3/AT&T etc.
- Video Conferencing and P2P video – at least one of Cisco/Tanberg/Lifesize/Polycom codecs
- User and device authentication using Cisco ISE
- RSA Authentication Manager v7+
- 802.1X authentication with certificates from internal PKI
- Cisco voice technologies: CUCM 12.5, Unity, CCME, CCUE, UCCX, ARC/Business Attendant Console
- Experience in working with external parties to remotely configure and troubleshoot external network connectivity
- Experience in working both within a project team to deliver small to large projects
- Thorough understanding of ITIL Service Management concepts
- Ability to analyse data and develop logical solutions to complex issues
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply complex technical publications, manuals and other documents