Silver Search Inc
Senior Performance Engineer Alpharetta, GA
Long term contract.
3x a week onsite in Alpharetta, GA
C2C or W2
Our client is an Alpharetta based technology company with an immediate need for an experienced Performance Engineer to join their team. This role is based in Alpharetta, GA and requires onsite work 3x a week.
This role will be responsible for the design, delivery, monitoring, and optimization of high-performing systems that ensure scalability and minimize performance issues. The candidate will interface with Product owners, Dev teams, Architecture and Infrastructure to gather and analyze non-functional requirements of the systems.
- Ensure the quality of micro service applications and cloud infrastructure by validating performance, stability, scalability, reliability and resiliency in enterprise solutions.
- Define Service Level Agreements, and shape non-functional requirements and performance of software system microservices.
- Monitor, collect, and analyze resource usage for physical servers, virtual servers, cloud infrastructures, web servers, software application servers, and database servers.
- Develop and execute load, stress, endurance, soak, baseline, benchmark, and volume test scenario.
- Conduct performance tests, analyze test results, and suggest performance improvements in cloud environment.
- Develop and manage the continuous performance validation framework for the continuous deployment process of software applications.
- Analyze software performance issues using Garbage Collection (GC) logs, heap dumps, thread dumps, Database (DB) Analysis Reports, resource usage data, profiling snapshots, and log files.
- Design and integrate performance engineering and CICD using tools like HP ALM/PC, JMeter, Jenkins or Concourse.
- Provide recommendations on the Performance test approach/strategy.
- Proven experience in designing and managing robust performance engineering framework in support of continuous integration and deployment processes for high volume mission-critical application or platform.
- 7+ years of experience in Performance Engineering
- Experience and strong skills in Performance Testing tools: HP Performance Center 12.5X, HP Load Runner 2020/12.5x, JMeter
- Experience and skills using various VUGen protocols such as Web, Web Services, Java VUser, TruClient-web, TruClient-Mobile web, Java Vuser for Continuous Delivery, JMeter to develop test scripts in C, Java, and Java script languages
- Developing test scripts in C, Java, and Java script languages for REST API services and SpringBoot Applications
- Experience in testing Mobile applications and Single Page Web applications
- Strong skills and experience with monitoring/diagnostic tools such as Dynatrace, AppDynamics or NewRelic, and Open source profiler etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Master of Science preferred.