Silver Search Inc
Senior Security Architect-REMOTE
Our client is a Texas based and award-winning SaaS leader in the e-learning industry. With a worldwide presence and proven track record, they are true leaders in education domain.
They currently have an immediate need for an experienced Senior Security Architect to join their technology team. In this role, he/she will be responsible for overseeing and managing information security for both their internal IT infrastructure as well as their online customer facing SaaS products and services. The Architect should bring deep cybersecurity experience as well as systems and network architecture knowledge. This individual will perform a lead role in Security assessments. Additionally, he/she will lead critical initiatives to identify and prevent threats, drive adoption of security architectures and technologies, and implement policy and procedures to secure the company.
- Assess the security of the current environments, both the internal IT environment and the Customer facing online Education environment. Identify risks and gaps and create a prioritized security roadmap for the company.
- Continuously review and recommend improvements to the security architecture with a focus on driving high impact, cost effective improvements.
- Provide security leadership in four key dimensions: Infrastructure, application, and physical environment security
- Secure design of products and services for software packages, cloud and server infrastructure
- Conduct routine system tests (e.g. Penetration Tests) and ensure continuous monitoring of network security
- Establish a security breach incident response and recovery process, identifying roles and responsibilities across the organization. Train and practice the process.
- 10+ years’ experience in information security or security engineering with a focus on designing, deploying, and supporting scalable security solutions.
- Expertise in prioritizing security efforts to mitigate the appropriate risks.
- Experience architecting, implementing, and designing security solutions in areas such as IAM, endpoint security, cloud security, network security, data protection and SDLC security practices.
- Experience leading threat modeling exercises (STRIDE or similar) and conducting design reviews of large scalable systems.
- Significant Cybersecurity, Architecture and Design experience in Networks, Data Center Systems, and Cloud Infrastructure and Platforms (IaaS security, PaaS security).
- Experience in delivering comprehensive architecture specifications for complex security solutions.
- Experience with creating or contributing to technical documentation: product documentation, technology and systems/network architecture, and or technical whitepapers.
- Strong working experience with the following security technologies: Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning, WAF, Wireless LAN, NAC, DLP, DDoS Mitigation, WAN security, SIEM, Content Filtering, Cloud Security gateways, Secure Proxies, SSL crypto solutions.
- Programming/coding and DevOps experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of and ability to speak authoritatively to principles in areas such as network, systems, software development, cloud technologies, and access control.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technology field required.