Silver Search Inc
Sr. Product Manager New York, NY
Our long-term client, a Corporate Venturing/Innovation Lab/Digital Product Factory, has tasked us with finding a Sr. Product Manager to join this small team of entrepreneurs (strategists, product thinkers/builders, analysts and financial modelers), who are as likely to launch a new business via acquisition as they are to build a new digital product from scratch.
If there is such a thing as a Traditional Product Manager, this aint it!
Standard Features of a Product Manager role included:
- Sure, AGILE Product Management is part of it: Discovery to Delivery, owning Roadmap, Prioritizing Backlog, etc.
- Of course, they are building/have built innovative businesses, including products for Cryptocurrency, Financial Wellness, Personal Finances and more.
- Naturally, you will work alongside of talented Product teammates and with skilled designers/engineers to build practical products that bring meaningful solutions to users and significant ROI to the firm.
- Venture Strategy. This is where the game changes. M&A is a common tool used by this group, to solve user challenges and launch new products/businesses. Sometimes acquiring companies for tech has made more sense than building from scratch and the group is well-practiced in this art and eager to mentor.
- Stakeholder/Investor interaction. Sometimes executives come with requests, other times opportunities are discovered within the group and need to be sold to executives to achieve funding. The science/art of pitching a new concept is key. Whether you have done this internally at a large corporation or have hit the road to sell a startup idea, this skill is valued and can be honed further, in this environment.
- Strategic input. You will be hired to be part of the team. Not to manage a product, although you will manage many products over your tenur. Your voice is valued in collaborating on which ideas the team should accept to pursue and how to pursue. As a member of the team, your input is vital.
I know you have a ton of questions.
We will talk.
You will be surprised.