Silver Search Inc
Sr. Project Manager – SDLC – Financial Services Jersey City, NJ
Our client is a financial firm with offices in NJ and NYC and they are looking for a Senior IT Project Manager to join. The PM will support a variety of different business areas, overseeing financial SDLC projects. They need a experienced Project Manager (not program manager) to ensure the successful oversight of these critical initiatives. Local candidates only. W2 only. No 3rd parties please. Role starts as contractor but could go FTE after around 12 months.
- Manage high visibility projects with major impact.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with project stakeholders from all levels.
- Manage vendors and team members in a matrix organization.
- Manage the entire Project Management Life Cycle for new projects as well as transition to the Project Manager from existing projects that are currently in process.
- Scope Management, Dependency Management, Risk Management, Issue Management, Stakeholder Management, Cost/Financial Management.
- Identify, track and resolve project risks/issues using best practice problem-solving techniques.
- Develop and manage project schedules using MS Project and the firm’s Project Portfolio Management Tool.
- Manage high-visibility projects that have firm wide impact.
- Manage and communicate with project team members that are cross-functional and located globally.
- 7+ years of experience as an IT Project Manager for SDLC projects in a financial environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced in managing cross-functional project teams and high-visibility projects.
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of Waterfall and/or Agile Project Management Methodology
- Candidates with PMP or ACP through PMI (Project Management Institute) strongly preferred.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, MIS, or related field